1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5US Version 1.50 Update

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Dec 18, 2023.

By akai on Dec 18, 2023 at 10:11 PM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    20231218205356.jpg
    A new update was released December 18, 2023 that added a feature to display advertisement and fixed various minor issues. Will update thread when more information is available.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Dec 18, 2023.

1. akai
      akai
      Possible bug since the Patch was released.

2. jimi Claymore
      jimi Claymore
      Heppoko_Lau Says:
      This is the Patch Summary:
      Various issues, no idea what they fixed.
      There is no sign of any advertising
      For rooms in League and Team matches, there are times when they do not work properly
      Normal room works fine
      I have not tested Tournament mode yet
      Maybe more connection errors? Maybe a compatibility problem between Ps4 and Ps5?
      akai likes this.
    3. Futaba
      Futaba
      Hoorah!
    4. akai
      akai
    5. akai
      akai
      VF_Official English version of the tweet https://x.com/vf_official/status/1738109341600043410?s=20:

We have confirmed the following issue with the PS4 version of Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Ver.1.50 and plan to address it in a future patch.

Issue: When switching to "Full-Screen Display" during the VS screen before a battle while being able to spectate matches in the Main Menu or Room Matches, the game may not proceed to the battle.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for your continued support of Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown.
    6. akai
    7. masterpo
      masterpo
      Virtua Fighter 5 1.50 Patch Notes | Virtua Fighter 5 December 19 Patch Notes
      The only patch notes that we have so far come from the PS4’s update history. You can read the full details below.

• Added a feature to display advertisement.
      • Fixed various minor issues.
      So we get no new game modes, none of the rest of the customizations from VF5FS , no option to turn off hit sparks, but we do get a feature to fucking display in-game-advertisements:confused::mad:(n)

Unless those ads are only advertising VF6 or updates to VF5US Sega and RGG are sending us the biggest Fuck you they could possibly send:whistle:

At the moment VF5US is still on my PS4., the minute I see a non VF related ad, I will delete VF5US from my PS4 and it will never see the light of day again:holla:
      Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
      JCnextinc likes this.
    8. akai
      akai
      Possible second bug related to the VS screen:
    9. SSShinji
      SSShinji
      Seems like an Update for VF5:US is coming soon (Content Update?), possibly in the next few days before the end of the year.

https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20231220015/

Updates from Aoki san via 4Gamer (Google Translation):

<Question 4> Please tell us your aspirations for 2024 and a message for 4Gamer readers.

In 2023, as a new development for the VF series, "Virtua Fighter 3tb Online" will be launched in arcades nationwide, and at the end of the year, "Virtua Fighter esports / Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown'' will be updated. In 2024, as part of the development of "Virtua Fighter Esports", we will hold the "VIRTUA FIGHTER esports SPECIAL CUP", an official tournament open to professionals and amateurs alike, in February. We would like to make the VF series even more exciting this year (2024)!
      Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
      akai and Shinobi like this.
    10. akai
      akai
      Would be nice to know the exact date the Q+A was done (article was posted 12/28) is Aoki referring to Patch 1.50 :cry:, 1.51(n), 1.6 (y), or 2.0:X3:!?
      Shinobi and SSShinji like this.
    11. ChiefGutti
      ChiefGutti
      Were the interviews somehow updated after publishing? Now, that statement reads in past tense, meaning "was" updated.
    12. akai
      akai
      しました is the part that makes the statement in past tense?

Google translate the entire sentence:
      2023年はVFシリーズの新たな展開として『Virtua Fighter 3tb Online』を全国のアーケードで稼働させ、年末には『Virtua Fighter esports / Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown』をアップデートしました。

In 2023, as a new development for the VF series, ``Virtua Fighter 3tb Online'' will be launched in arcades nationwide, and at the end of the year, ``Virtua Fighter esports / Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown'' will be updated.

Google translate the clause of interest:
      年末には『Virtua Fighter esports / Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown』をアップデートしました。

At the end of the year, we updated "Virtua Fighter esports / Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown".
      Shinobi likes this.
    13. VirtualAndy
      VirtualAndy
      It's about time to update it.
      VanguardBronze likes this.
    14. akai
      akai

"Ads" was first detected by riskbreaker92, agent__cube, and kingo from France last week.

The same "ad" just show-up on VFnumber's stream today.

It looks like a fake ad that is a merger of a generic vector logo? and the slogan of The North Face (a known brand).
    15. nou
      nou
      Outd**r G**r ads are up and they look horrendus in the stages that use them. They are there on the on Screen Replay too. Please Sega, let us take these off at the very least.

Btw, putting the asterisk are there to prevent the company from getting any kind of mention in posts, and hits if one were to google the name and see mentions of it.
    16. JKTwice
      JKTwice
      Outdoor Gear probably isn't a real company. Anzu is another name that was seen in ads and they are a company that offers a service to add blended in-game advertisements.

Safe to say that Sega has no real sponsors at this point in the game. I expect this will be used intermittently and this is a test. Perhaps during the next VFeS cup thing they have going on they will have a sponsor and the ads will appear on those stages.
    17. masterpo
      masterpo
      Un F*CKN Believable:mad::mad::mad: Sega/RGG Give us a watered down, stripped down version of VF5FS with Tekken Skins, Tekken Music, Tekken UI, and Tekken Hit Sparks and they have the Ballz To Take away features from Virtua Fighter but add
      in-game-ads:eek::mad::eek::mad:(n)

WTF :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I've deleted VF5US from my system. The dozen or so folks that I play locally with have also deleted VF5US from their systems.

We swallowed the removal of offline ring names, win/loss stats, off line ranks, offline profiles and PR statements from VF5FS because sparring mode, and license mode did offer a little relief:unsure:

Buf VF5US is a bridge-to-far. The level of disrespect and f*ck U coming from Sega/RGG
      to the loyal fan base is simply more than I can stomach. :sick:

If I don't see any dramatic improvement with respect to the customer's interest from Sega's future offerings they'll never get another penny from me. And I'll spread the news that Sega are bums to any and every body that will listen:cautious::mad:(n):cautious::mad::mad::mad::ninja:
    18. EmpNovA
      EmpNovA
      Wait until the new SEGA TOYS company starts pulling old arcade games then reissuing them with advertisements and commercials in them. So you play VF3 in arcades and before each match you have to watch a 30 second commercial. This is the future of gaming.
      masterpo likes this.