1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5US Version 1.20 Update

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Sep 29, 2021.

By akai on Sep 29, 2021 at 11:39 PM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    page-title.png
    VF5US is getting an update on September 30, 2021. Version 1.20 update includes the weekly Tournament mode that was originally intended to be part of the large summer update. Full patch notes from Sega's website are posted below (with some edits for clarity) for your convenience.

Version 1.20 Update Notes
    Tournament Event (Beta) mode
    • An open tournament will be held every weekend. Currently there are three events: Saturday, 9PM JST; Sunday, 6AM JST, and Sunday 3 AM JST. The in-game Tournament Entry screen will display the times based on your local time zone. The image below displays the times in CST. Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown_20210930083320.jpg
    • Matchmaking will differ depending on the tournament type Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown_20210930083524.jpg
    • Exclusive titles and rank experience points can be obtained depending on the player’s rank
      • Rank experience points will be reflected after the tournament and in a match where rank experience points can be obtained
      • Titles obtained are effective for one (1) week Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown_20210930083702.jpg
    • A loss in a Tournament Event match will not result in changes to rank experience points
    Additional trophies
    • Trophies pertaining to Team Match and Tournament Event have been added
      • Team Match must be played to unlock Team Match trophies if the conditions for these have already been fulfilled before the update.
    Bug fixes
    • Fixed an issue where selecting the Genesis stage would occasionally cause the application to crash
    • Fixed other minor issues
    Producer Letter Vol. 7 - from Seiji Aoki's Twitter Account:
    FAgWJedUYAY6s-m.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    40i4, Ellis, VFnumbers and 6 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Futaba
      Futaba
      So, nothin'. Good day and godspeed.
      Hobo-Jho likes this.
    2. Adam Gibson
      Adam Gibson
      can we please get some new customization items
      Hobo-Jho, Morikage and WolfKing like this.
    3. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      i hope this version will have at least all final showdown item
      WolfKing likes this.
    4. Pharmacist
      Pharmacist
      Exclusive rank titles? I need the new rank tittles list.
    5. Mister
      Mister
      A bunch of new titles are already listed with their conditions:

• Best 4: Be one of the top 4 in a tournament event "effective period: 1 week after unlocking"
      • Runner up: Take second place in a tournament event: "same as above"
      • Winner: Win a tournament event. "same as above"
      VFnumbers, SUGATA and akai like this.
    6. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      I'm curious if these tournaments are going to have any region requirements at all.
    7. wrekka
      wrekka
      I'm looking forward to this, I haven't been playing for a while, but the tournaments seems cool
    8. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      so now online modes should be complete right?

Normally it would be time to add single player modes, together with the rest of customization items...
    9. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      What are the “minor fixes” exactly ?

No promised 2nd type of Team match (counting rounds)?

Waiting for TGS...
    10. akai
      akai
      This weekend will be interesting. It sounds like they will attempt a variety of tournament formats in the future. They also have tournaments that are listed as either "Silver Cup" and "Gold Cup" tournaments...some screen captures posted in the first post.
      Ellis likes this.
    11. SDS_Overfiend1
      SDS_Overfiend1
      No items huh…. Disregarded for another 3 months.
    12. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Wrong connection quality bar still not fixed in Rooms.
      Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
      ToyDingo and akai like this.
    13. akai
      akai
      First tournament of the day appears to be not region based.
    14. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      :( Welp, that sucks...

Hopefully this is just a beta thing. But I'm doubtful.
      Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
      akai likes this.
    15. akai
      akai
      Got to participate in the second tournament of the weekend. It was the "Silver Cup" and the matchmaking is based on similar rank.

- You are able to enter a tournament 20 minutes before start time.
      - Once entered, it cycled me through 2-3 rooms, before I ended in a room with green and yellow bars (around 4 people was in it). The first 2-3 rooms were all red and orange connections. So there appears to be a criteria of finding the "best" connection while finding similar ranks. Many players went through the room and were cycled out.
      - By the time it was tournament start time, there was 12 people total. Half were full green connection, other half yellow and orange.

So it was better than expected, especially since reading the experience of @Mister and @Myke at the first tournament of the weekend.

The third tournament - "Gold Cup" is a tournament that apparently matchmakes not based on similar ranks? So maybe that will only be matching based on "best" connection. It starts past midnight from where I live, so hopefully those that try the Gold Cup tournament can share there experience here.
      Ellis, VFnumbers, SUGATA and 2 others like this.
    16. Mister
      Mister
      I did "join" the gold tournament. However many people in the room froze up and weren't able to keep going, including me. I had to close the game to let the other participants keep going cause watching @Tricky stream I could see that everybody were just waiting for the match to be over. Once i got out my opponent was able to proceed (and the game didn't even give me my win). Also @VFnumbers got stuck like me and had to do the same, but his opponent wasn't like like mine, he had to go out too.
      VFnumbers, ToyDingo and akai like this.
    17. akai
      akai
      So the third tournament was even worse than the first tournament for you? Were the ranks more varied?
    18. Mister
      Mister
      Instead of relying on my memory it's probably best to check tricky's vod. I honestly have no idea if the ranks were much different than ours.
    19. Tricky
      Tricky
      @akai you can find it on my youtube live streams playlist if you want to be able to quickly scrub through it. Total shit show.