1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New Era New Energy

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Dec 2, 2023.

By akai on Dec 2, 2023 at 9:20 AM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Two content creators within the fighting game community, Curiousjoi and Maximilian, received an envelope from SEGA with this message: "New Era New Energy Make sure to tune in to The Game Awards December 7th"

neweranewenergy.jpg
    Edited image from Maximillian tweet.
    The Game Awards will be streaming live on all platforms from the Peacock Theatre in Los Angeles on Thursday, December 7 at 4:30PM PT / 7:30PM ET. For other locations it would be Friday, December 8 at London 12:30AM / Tokyo 9:30AM / Sydney 11:30AM. ​

upload_2023-12-2_8-5-36.png

erdraug, VFnumbers, Myke and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Dec 2, 2023.

1. SSfox
      SSfox
      I missed that so they only sent those to fgs YouTubers so far, hum....

don't give me hope.gif
      Elite and Shinobi like this.
    2. dapheenom
      dapheenom
      It's happening this time
      BELIEVE
      Shinobi likes this.
    3. JKTwice
      JKTwice
      You guys are being silly. It’s clearly a new Shadow the Hedgehog-themed energy drink that will be shipping out to overseas markets in seven months. The Sonic 3 trailer will also be revealed at TGA with the energy drink promotion.

Honestly though, I don’t think Sega would be willing to spend the money on VF marketing overseas. I guess RGG Studio isn’t so busy now that RGG Gaiden is done and RGG 8 is about to ship… I just wouldn’t hold my breath for anything VF. Been burned too much in the past couple years.
    4. akai
      akai
      For better or for worse, that is what you will get from me.
      Pai-Hopium.png
      Shinobi and SSfox like this.
    5. Shoju
      Shoju
      It's long been a tradition on VFDC to listen to this song at times like this
      Shinobi likes this.
    6. dapheenom
      dapheenom
      Don't I know it. Next year will be my 20 year anniversary here, most of those years just... believin lol
      Shinobi and akai like this.
    7. Razinoff
      Razinoff
      Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
      -nero- and akai like this.
    8. Shinobi
      Shinobi
      It could be. If that's the case, why SEGA send these invitations to Max and Joi who play a ton of fighting games?
    9. Razinoff
      Razinoff
      They both play a ton of other stuff as well. They are variety streamers that happen to like fighting games.

Also: this Kick streamer also got it and she seems to mainly play WoW so I think the fighting game stuff is just confirmation bias at this point.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
      akai likes this.
    10. SSfox
      SSfox
      Fucking trash again!!

Thanks God T8 is coming soon. Guess we'll have to wait a bit more for the next VF announcement.
    11. akai
      akai
      Have your tums, heart medicine, etc. ready for Thursday evening :D. Jet Set, Crazy, Seaman, the game that should not be named so that it does not get jinxed…

Is it etiquette or does the Game Awards only allow one game per company to be announced during the show?
      Shinobi likes this.
    12. gido
      gido
      "New Era, New Energy......

FOR CRAZY TAXII!!"

We're all crazy for CRAZY TAXI!! :ROTFL::ROTFL::LOL:

Such trolls lol..
    13. VirtualAndy
      VirtualAndy
      Or it's something else. Something like Phantasy Stars or Panzer Dragoon, Virtua Fighter is kinda dead anyway.
    14. Shoju
      Shoju
      I don't think it'll come anytime soon. Tekken 8s coming out next month, they just brought out VF3TB online for their arcades and said they had further stuff to bring to VF5US. Aoki said in an interview they would have to conduct a lot of research if they wanted to bring out a new game to better market it worldwide. I also can't think who there would even be able to develop a brand new game. Seems like all the actual VF developers have gone. Is it going to be made by new people who've never made a fighting game before? Sega are a shell of what they used to be.
    15. Hobo-Jho
      Hobo-Jho
      I'll settle for another update on VF5US. Hell a 3d Golden Axe fighter at this point would be amazing...anything fighting game related is fine Sega just lay off the damn Sonic and Yakuza games holy hell!
    16. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      I swear we've been through this 100 times before over the past decade. I refuse to get my hopes up. Refuse. I won't believe it's anything VF related unless Yu Suzuki himself jumps on stage and 666Ps Geoff Keighley in the ribcage. And even then, I'd be skeptical.

Sega of today isn't capable of making anything other than Yakuza and mediocre Sonic games.
      Kaleendaah likes this.
    17. akai
      akai
      [​IMG]
      VFers as they wait for and while watching The Game Awards. I won’t believe it until I see a physical copy of the game (Left Akira)! Stomach aches & heartburns all the time (Right Akira)!
      Shinobi likes this.
    18. linkishot
      linkishot
      It's CRAAAAZY to me that every time Sega posts any suggestive news or hints the entire internet buzzes with the question "could it finally be a new VF game!?"

...and every time, Sega completely ignores that reaction and does something else instead. I don't have high hopes for VF6 this time because the invites also went out to streamers who are not FGC focused. I always hope I'm wrong, of course, but... It's probably Crazy Taxi and Phantasy Star Online.
      shad likes this.
    19. Kaleendaah
      Kaleendaah
      "Don't do that. Don't give me hope."

Deep down I still want to believe but Sega was such a source of disappointement these last few years...