1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Majors Event Format (Round Robin / Single Elimination)

Discussion in 'VF Circuit' started by akai, Sep 14, 2012.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The format of the Major Events are divided into sections. Depending on number of participants, it may slightly vary per division.

Round Robins - Each person plays each opponent twice within the bracket. Everyone plays the round robin in the order that is shown in the challonge bracket. After completing one match against each person, repeat the round robin for the second match (in the challonge bracket - "add a game" to add a second match). The winner of each bracket based on win-loss-tie record advances. Depending on the number of brackets and size of the division the second pace finisher either advances to the 2 out of 3 single elimination event, go to a wild card stage, or does not advance. In cases of identical records, a one match tie-breaker would be done.

Wid Card (if needed) Usually the players that finished second in earlier bracket. Everyone plays a round robin of 1 match only. In cases of identical records, a one match tie-breaker would be done.

Single Elimination - Two out of Three Matches.

Please make sure to quickly update results so that the tournament can move forward as quickly as possible.

2. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    What is Wild Card? And who can advance there?

3. Tocuh

Tocuh Well-Known Member

I believe it's like this:
    If there are 3 brackets in a division, the people that will come out on top move on to the single-elimination rounds and those 3 people who got 2nd go to the wildcard stage. There they will play out who gets the last remaining spot for the single-elimination rounds.
    So the semi-final looks like this:
    Bracket1-winner vs bracket2-winner
    Bracket3-winner vs wildcard-winner

Is this correct akai?

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Yeah that is correct.

5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

may i suggest the creation of 2 sub forums? the ps3 league sub forum and the xbox360 subforum. That will keep things organized and easier to follow :3

6. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Does everyone fight everyone else, or just the players from their region? Also I've never used Challonge; is it self explanatory, or will I need instructions? And do I need an account to use it?

7. Tocuh

Tocuh Well-Known Member

Digit, you just fight the players from your bracket/region (i.e. if you're from europe you only fight people from europe, not america or japan). Challonge is quite easy so you don't really need instructions. You need an account to update the results.

8. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Is there a list of players for eastern america?